Toilet keeps blocking

Just took it all apart and im pretty sure I know whats wrong.

There was a pipe extension coming from the back of the toilet at the bottom going into an elbow joint which in turn went into the soil pipe. The extension from the back of the toilet was too long and was very close to the back of the elbow joint to the soil pipe. It must have been that water could pass through but the gap between the extension pipe and the elbow joint was just too small to let waste through. Going to bin the lot and get a new longer elbow joint as it was all a bit worn anyway.

I must say that I dont envy plumbers, the stench was fairly grim just taking it all apart and there was nothing blocking the soil pipe. A fully blocked pipe must be unbearable!!

I'll get a new elbow joint in the next day or so but im fairly sure that that will fix it. I'll report back when ive replaced.

cheers all

Sponsored Links
Ok, I've gone to b&q to purchase a new flexible connector waste pipe. On connecting it to the bottom of the toilet, the flexible rubber inside the pipe is just sliding off the porcelain pipe on the toilet. It's tight enough fitting on but it just slides off, it's as if it could do with a jubilee clip to keep it on.

Any tips as to how to connect these securely or is it just a poor quality pipe ive bought (cost enough!!)?

Link to item here -
http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/plumbing...s/Opella-Long-Flexible-Pan-Connector-11477970

Sponsored Links
No particular reason why it should slip off. Is something putting it under strain? The amount that B&Q charge for these things is scandalous.

You need a plumbers merchant, but I can understand how these things can be a bit intimidating for first timers if you don't know exactly what you're talking about (it's a bit like going to a fish and chip shop, knowing nothing about fish and chips and having to describe what you want without using the words 'fish' or 'chips').

Best best is to find a Toolstation. They have a catalogue, so you can look at pictures and ask for a code number instead!

It's difficult to tell from your description, but if you can, I would try and extend the soil pipe using solid pipework rather than these extendable flexible things. Quite easy if its accessible and all right angles.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back