Toilet leaking under floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've just discovered the downstairs loo has been emptying under the floor, no sewage smell but water smell and nothing going into manhole outside!! Should I leave it a week or so before calling the plumber, just so it gives "things" time to dry up a bit? Don't want to make the poor man sick!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
If you can stop using it then no reason no to - even then though I'd get in touch with someone to at least have a look just now and then if they ask for it to be left, if it can, then take it from there.

Longer you leave it, the worse it will get. Sewage 'matures' if sitting will got septic, if liquid has soaked away, solid matter will start to decompose. Most Plumbers will have a strong enough stomach to deal with this sort of thing. (It's the Gas People you have to worry about.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back