Toilet pan connectors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am fitting a new toilet and am planning to move it over to the left approx 5 inches to make room for a boiler.
I am plannind to use Multikwik flexible connector to get the correct angle, but it then needs to go into a 8cm diameter lead pipe which is fixed into a cast iron pipe outside of the house. What connector will I need to change the diameter from the flexible connectoer 97-108 down to the 8cm? Also how do I seal it into the pipe? Shall I use silicon sealer around the top of the lead pipe, to prevent leaking?

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Check on the Multikwik website, they have various pan connectors in all sorts of angles and with differeing sizes, they might have what you want without introducing a reducer

Forget the MKF330.

You need a MKC2, a Multilink and a MKS10, possibly.
I say 'possibly'; when you say 80mm (8cm) lead piper is that the OD or ID of the lead?

Oh, and it's the 98 to 105mm that needs reducing, not the 97 to 108mm.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Charnwood,

The ID of the lead pipe is between 80 and 85mm, its hard to tell accurately until I take the old connector out of the pipe.

Ooops!
Multikwik do pan conns for 74 to 77mm then 88 to 92mm. You might have a problem.
If it's about 85mm you might get the 88 to 92 to fit, but it'll be tight.
That would be the MKS3.

You could substitute the MKC2 straight flexi with a bent flexi, such as the MKC2B90:
View media item 41573..

Thanks Charnwood for your help.

I have just remeasured the lead pipe and 88 should fit fine, it actually looks between 88- 90mm on second inspection.

Also do I just push it in or shoud l I use any sealer around the seal in the lead pipe? If so which is best to use?

No sealant should be necessary so long as the joins are square, but use the little sachet of grease when fitting them. Makes it much easier than dry-joining them.

Cheers Charnwood,
I will pick up the connectors and start the job tomorrow. Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

D Bass

so long as the joins are square
Meant to say, also, so long as the lead is almost perfectly round. A little bit out should be OK if you are using a Multikwik or similar as they are reasonably flexible. Some pan conns are made of rigid plastic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back