Toilet Siphon Query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I'm having to change my toilet siphon as the membrane has split but I have a query on the replacement part.

It's a small close coupled cistern and takes a smaller than average siphon.
I have seen lots of 8inch, 10 inch siphons at places like screwfix but not any smaller ones. My question is what is the 8 inch or 10 inch measurement? is it the part where the membrane is?
My siphon measures just under 5 inches by just over 3 inches on the square part but total length is around 7 inches.
It says Jetflow on the top which is green and is in an ideal standard cistern.

Also any idea on the cheapest place for a replacement? I've not found the exact one but seeing some for upto £30 whereas the standard size in screwfix is just over a fiver!

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
The height ie 8" etc is measured from the base to the overflow on the syphon.

Try ideal standard fast part.

aah ok thanks. But the height is not the concern, its the size of the diaphram part as it hits the fill pipe if too large. The standard size from screwfix fits hiegth wise but too big at bottom.
so if they only give height mesaurement i'm going to struggle buying anything except the exact same make one.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back