Toilet size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I hope you are doing well.
I never thought I am going to ask this question but what are the toilets that are blocking the least?
Currently I have a toilet that has wall not floor soil pipe connection and this one never blocks.
I am going to replace it to a newish one but you know I don't want to make things worse.
Let me know what things should I look for not to disappoint myself later:ROFLMAO:
Thank you

P.S.
Just please no generic answers about toilet paper and such.:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
It's usually the drainage system that blocks rather than the toilet connected to it.
If your existing loo is elderly with a 2 gallon flush (and maybe even a high level cistern adding extra oomph) it may be overpowering any problems in your waste pipes (horizontal runs, hard elbows)- modern replacement will have a much lower volume flush and (if cistern is at low level) not have the same boost so if your waste pipes are not as they should be you may start seeing problems.
After that, cheaper may be better- the budget £50 close-coupled loos I've put in have a good sized hole and a fairly open trap. Some posh loos I've seen look more restricted.
If you want to block a toilet, wet wipes, kids toys and half a roll of toilet paper are the way to go. Monster turds can be broken up with a stick or a drain snake, loo roll breaks up fairly quickly when immersed, wet wipes are a total nightmare.

It's usually the drainage system that blocks rather than the toilet connected to it.
If your existing loo is elderly with a 2 gallon flush (and maybe even a high level cistern adding extra oomph) it may be overpowering any problems in your waste pipes (horizontal runs, hard elbows)- modern replacement will have a much lower volume flush and (if cistern is at low level) not have the same boost so if your waste pipes are not as they should be you may start seeing problems.
After that, cheaper may be better- the budget £50 close-coupled loos I've put in have a good sized hole and a fairly open trap. Some posh loos I've seen look more restricted.
If you want to block a toilet, wet wipes, kids toys and half a roll of toilet paper are the way to go. Monster turds can be broken up with a stick or a drain snake, loo roll breaks up fairly quickly when immersed, wet wipes are a total nightmare.
Thanks for replying. Luckily we don't use wet wipes. Indeed people put them in toilets or throw them out the window.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back