Toilet Tank draining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I was wondering what I could do or what new parts I need to fix my problem toilet.

It runs all the time, (we turn the water off to it after every use because of this) The other night I used the bathroom and while "on", I reached around and turned the water on, so that it would fill up and I didn't have to stand around and wait. While doing this I thought that I would re-fill the tank after flushing and I would get a "freebie flush" next time. Well, before bed-time I went in and the tank was empty. The "saved" water had drained out !

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time.

Sponsored Links
what type of valve do you have in your cistern(tank) some types of valve can be blocked up, and shutting off. this can happen if a tablet or so has been put into the cistern check the cistern mechanisms make sure nothings blocking a valve from closing

Hi Thanks for the reply

I took a look and nothing was blocking the cistern, however the "flapper" has a wow (warp) to it.

I guess that this is my problem :oops:

Second Question: Can I buy a Flapper ? or do I need a thingy that I can't think of the name of :oops: Please name it for me.

Sponsored Links
(baby) seal

washer (woman)

Or more likely a new flapper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back