Toilet Thermostatic bidet throwing boiling water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently put a thermostatic douche(bidet spray) for the toilet but its just letting out boiling water. The douche specification says "If the cold water fails, for example, and the hot is too high a temperature, then the valve will not let the water through" but its just doing the opposite i.e. letting boiling water through.

The plumber has removed the tiling to check whats wrong and I can see the hot water and the cold water are connected to the correct sides of the inlet so no obvious issues. Any troubleshooting ideas.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Chestnuts roasting :LOL:

I would guess that the thermostat isn't working correctly. Not familiar with them so not sure if it can be replaced or whether you need a new unit.

I would start by turning it over so the pipes are the other way round.

Sponsored Links
Ouch :oops: that sounds bloody dangerous! Couldn't think of a worse part of the body to be squirting boiling water at :oops:

If you just had it installed won't it still be under warranty? If the manufacturers arent interested I am sure the HSE will be ;)

Well the manufacturer has to replaced it but the issue is that I have fitted a new bathroom and the plumber will have to redo a fair bit of work to fit another one which I( would like to avoid at this stage.

If the plumber is confident that there is no issue with his installation, ie crossed pipes, blockages etc. then he and yourself have nothing to fear. If its still under warranty then surely the manufacturer can send an engineer out? Especially with a safety problem as serious as this?

Ps. They will obviously charge you if it is an installation fault, but you shouldnt have to pay anything if the actual product is faulty;)

These things are utterly disgusting and unhygienic, they literally spray s**t all over the place, couldn't think of a worse thing to install in a bathroom.

Anyway - who uses a bidet these days....

Oh, just me that thinks they're a waste of time and space?

Not a waste of space at all. Very handy for a quick wash of the feet as standing in the sink can be a bit of a problem! :rolleyes:

Great when they are positioned at the opposite end to the toilet. All that walking crossed legged. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back