Toilet Trickle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently installed a new bathroom suite from B&Q (no comment) and all went well or at least i thought it did ! having installed the toilet and siliconed it in place to the wall and floor etc a few days later i noticed a constant light trickle. the water level rest point is on the line and the internal overflow is above the water line (toilet is the new type that is all internal and no ball cock etc). If i flushed it and did not refill and removed the flapper thing from the middle i could see an occasional drip into the pan from inside so as the water level was below the flapper i assumed the issue was with the seal. As the toilet is one of those that fits completely flush to the wall, therefore preventing me tightening the seal from underneath i opted to do it the lazy way (as toilet is completely siliconed to wall and floor) and i dried out the inside of the cistern and siliconed around the seal to hopefully stop the leak, left it for 24 hours then refilled but it is doing exactly the same thing and i know for sure that silicone is covering the seal all the way around as its quite thick.

anyone any ideas its driving me mad - i know i should dismantle it but would rather not - is there any other way to stop this drip ?

anything like you put in a car radiator when it has a small leak ??

Help !

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back