Toilet - Vertical drainage clay waste termination

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the middle of replacing the suite in the downstairs cloaks and have removed toilet etc. I need to raise the floor with levelling compound by circa 20mm and have a vertical waste outlet through the concrete floor.

The 103mm clay pipe seems to have some form of collar (internal dia of 160mm) embedded in the concrete as a termination as the photo below shows.

I want to make a neat job and use a swan neck connector to the p trap toilet i will be fitting (I know I will have to box behind toilet cistern as is the norm). What should I do, I was thinking of chipping away at the collar so that I can level up and tile right up to the plastic outlet pipe inserted into the 103mm pipe. Is this sensible or should I just leave well alone due to risk of damaging clay pipe and just fill collar with mortar and paint l;ike was done previous.

[/img]
Any experience / help most appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back