Toilet waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning on building a new extension to the rear of my property. I also intend to move the downstairs toilet which currently is on the back of the house to the other side of the wall and build a new contained toilet as part of the utility in the extension.

Is anyone able to confirm what would be involved in moving this pipe to the other side of the wall.

Also as I would not be having a window to outside, any suggestions as to ventilation to comply with building regs.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Is anyone able to confirm what would be involved in moving this pipe to the other side of the wall.
Is it a vented stack or does the toilet discharge directly into the foul drain invert?

Also as I would not be having a window to outside, any suggestions as to ventilation to comply with building regs.
A ducted fan seems to be the only possibility.

I assume you’re aware that, along with your extension, the work is notifyable & your LABC will want to inspect both your extension build & the new loo? To save time (& money) the proposals for your new loo should be included, along wit any other notifyable work, with your building notice submission for the extension.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back