toilet water supply connection ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got very limited notes on my new b&Q toilet. How/what type of connector do I use to connect the cold water supply ? The plastic pipe out of the toilet has a 1/2 nut on it, so I'm presuming it 1/2.

There's no pipe work at the moment as I'm moving everything around, so I've got some nasty routing to do. Plumbing it currently 15mm coper.

Sponsored Links
I was advised to use a tap connector with my instructions, these will use a compression joint, taking the 15mm pipe at one end and then fasten onto the float valve at the other. Do not over tighten on the plastic thread though as i damaged mine!

Or a pushfit connector to be really quick and easy, remember you will need a service valve inline with the cold mains connection to the toilet. Some tap connectors have these built into them for ease.

Sponsored Links
You can get a tap connector incorporating a flexible braided hose and a stop valve. very convenient.
p2652540_l.jpg

The flex allows you to manoeuvre it into position without needing to fiddle about with copper pipe, and the valve lets you turn off the supply when you need to change the float or washer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back