Toilet water supply inlet leak?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have noticed recently that a drop of water is forming under the nut on the water supply inlet pipe (where it joins to the plastic pipe going into the cistern. I have a cistern operated by siphonic action. Everything else is working ok in terms of flushing, cistern water levels /float etc. Although this is only a small leak : a few drops an hour I want to get this sorted.

I did notice on the plastic pipe feeding into the cistern that there is a build up of dirt but cannot see any splits etc. Last time I had the cistern off was 2 years+ for some tiling. Leak has only appeared a few days ago. I have attached a picture can anyone advise the best course: sealing it up or replace? If so best way to get it off etc? Thanks

//media.diynot.com/193000_192429_63678_87884773_thumb.jpg

Sponsored Links
That's a very easy job if the isolation valve works, there should be a 1/2" tap washer inside the nut which you can get in any plumbers merchants.
Turn off the valve, undo the nut. Undo the plastic nut to pull the filling valve away from the pipe, replace the washer and reassemble.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back