Toiletvator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Advice please?
I've just had my bathroom refitted but kept the old soil pipe. The previous owner had a rather high pan and I thought I would just do the same, i.e. raise the base of the toilet with a plinth. However, backflow after flushing the toilet after doing jobbie no2 suggests the gradient is insufficient. Question: should I attempt a higher plinth or create a new soil pipe? The walls have been tiled from floor to ceiling. What are the alternatives?
Ta.

Sponsored Links
Is this a new toilet with 6 litre flush?

Post some pictures of the connection from the rear of toilet to soil pipe.

Andy

Hi Andy,
It's a base for the toilet; so instead of putting a raised seat on top of the pan, you put it on the base of the toilet. I don't have pics with me but basically, it's a bendy tube from the rear of the pan, and it turns towards the soil pipe. But the backflow of bits from Jobbie No2 suggests the toilet is not high enough. My plumber suggests drilling a new soil pipe, lower than the current one to solve the problem. I was just wondering if there are alternatives as the wall tiles are newly laid, as with the entire bathroom suite.

Raise the pan so that the trap outlet is the same height as the previous one.

As suggested, pic(s) might be helpful.

Sponsored Links
You should of tested everything before it was tiled, I agree with your plumber- new soil pipe connection lower down.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back