Tongue and groove panelling meets the door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

i'm about to have a crack at placing some tongue and groove panelling around the bathroom wall and am wondering what to do when i get to the door. I believe at the door frame, the panneling will be protruding 13mm more than the doorframe which i imagine would be a fairly ordinary look.

so, i was wondering what is the best way around this. I am fairly reluctant to pull the door frame apart and put a packer in (the wall would probably come down before the frame comes apart :LOL: ) but will do so if that's the norm.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
what is the gap between the wall and the front of the archatrave[assuning thats what you mean by frame]

i've got 20mm from wall to front of architrave. i was going to place panelling (typically 13mm thick over here) onto 19mm horizontal battens, so pannelling would be protruding 12mm.

here we can get interior cladding that comes out at 9mm

i also cut the batons to the same thickness as the skirting at around 15mm
to save removing the skirting

as long as your batons are less than around 15mm to allow for deviations
assuming your using 12mm cladding
your choices are without using a plant on moulding are to remove the tounge and increase the chamfer to about 5mm and butt up to the door frame

or remove the back edge of the groove overlap the frame with the front edge and fill any deviations

Sponsored Links
cheers big-all

i'll have a bit of a look round & see if i can find some thinner panelling and down-size the battens if i have any luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back