Tongue & Groove treated floorboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking at building my own shed, and would like T&G floorboards. I can find plenty for sale, but none appear to be treated/tanalised. Does such a thing exist? If not, what's the best way of preserved the floorboards?

I plan on attaching them to a floor-base frame made from treated 2x4 timber. Would I need any membrane below the frame, or between the frame and floorboards?

Sponsored Links
not a good move really the water will sit in the gaps and rot in no time

whats wrong with txg shiplap ??

Sponsored Links
I recently brough some tanilised matchboarding from my local merchant and it's pretty much off the shelf stuff, 5 inch wide and 3/4 inch thick or thereabouts. Also cheaper than non treated floor boarding, so just use something like that with the chamfer on the underside.

A decent timber yard should be able to tanalise any timber. I've had lots done, I paid in advance and got it (often dripping wet) a few days later

I can seem to find plenty of places that stock treated matchboard, but they are nearly all in the north. I haven't yet found a timberyard in the south east that seems to stock it. Does anyone know of any?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back