Too much for wall skim

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've had a plasterer in last week to look at re-skimming a room. The room is 12*12 with a chimney breast at on side of the room. He has quoted £200 to do this job. Does this sound excessive to anyone. I was told it should cost about half of that. Any help would be appreciated.

:confused:

Sponsored Links
£200 sounds about right for a room that size.

I assume he's doing the ceiling as well?

I had a quote of £150 for a room 1.9m x 2.6m just to kim - I'm rendering the walls myself. I had another quote of £650 to do the rendering as well as the skim in the same room

No he's doing the walls only, and there is no rendering to be done.

It will depend on where you live 'cos up North is always cheaper than down South but if it is going to take him 2 days then it 's about right.If he is planning on just a day then at £5.70 ish a square metre he's a little over the top.I pay plasterers a trade rate of £3 a sq m for skimming ( up North ) but a private job always pays more. Best thing to do is get another quote or two and compare.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back