Too much water pressure!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It may sound a bit strange but I have too much water pressure.......

The house has a full mains pressure system which is great for showers etc. However the sinks cause problems, particularly the downstairs w.c. There are 2 mini single lever Bristan taps and a small sink. Unfortunately the pressure is such that most of our visitors get a nice soaking as they are not aware of the tap pressure.

The taps have screw-in nozzles and someone suggested blocking half of the holes. I reckon this will make it worse as there will be less volume but higher pressure.

There are no adjacent in-line shut-off valves which can be partially closed.

Ideally I would like some sort of limiting device on the tap but Bristan say none is available. If possible I would also not wish to cut into the pipework etc so I wondered if there was an in-line valve such as those used to connect water filters which could be used to partially shut off the supply.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Sponsored Links
You can buy flow limiting valves in levels to suit different outlets. Just need to be fitted in the pipe same as any other valve.

If you have to cut the pipe this is the cheapest way
Fit a ballofix valve on each tap and turn isolator to reduce flow to suit to each tap

p1082529_s.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, that's more or less what I thought. I hoped someone had a self-cutting saddle type valve, but I think I will have to cut the pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back