Top oven and hob igniter not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seem to have an issue with our Smeg TR62P oven. The top convection oven has stopped working and the hob igniter for the gas doesn't spark/click any more. Could a broken element cause the igniter to stop working too and if I replaced the element, it'll fix both? The bottom fan oven works fine...

Sponsored Links
Broken element? Is this dual fuel? Ignition normally stops if there is no power to it, if the part is worn or grease buildup.

Has a pan boiled over or has the hob been overzealously washed he recently? Could be both faults are caused by water shorting out something in the control panel. I think you will need a professional to sort it.

Broken element? Is this dual fuel? Ignition normally stops if there is no power to it, if the part is worn or grease buildup.
top convection oven that has an element for heating/grilling. Bottom is fan. Hob is gas.

Has a pan boiled over or has the hob been overzealously washed he recently? Could be both faults are caused by water shorting out something in the control panel. I think you will need a professional to sort it.
I'm not too crazy with my cleaning but it could potentially be grease build up on the front panel then that might have shorted something. I guess I'll get someone out to look ughhh.

Something happened when we were using the grill and it shorted our RCD board. Since turning it back on it won't work bar the bottom fan oven.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Most modern gas cookers have an ignition unit which takes a mains input and has 5 or 6 ignition output connections.

It is possible that a power distribution fault has interrupted the power to the ignition unit and also to the convection oven. Or they could be seperate faults.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back