Torbeck valve - got sprayed in face - help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

When my son flushed the loo this evening, I noticed it made a strange spraying noise and that water was dripping on the floor from under the cistern lid.

So I opened it up to have a look and got sprayed in the face with water!

It seems to be a problem with the Torbeck valve. It's not letting out water through the plastic bag thingy - it's all spraying out through a tiny hole in the middle of the bit where the float clips on.

Luckily, it does still turn itself off eventually, but something is definitely wrong.

Does anyone have any idea what I should do to fix it? Can I get a new valve and replace it myself (well, with my dad!)? Could the filter just be dirty (I've read other postings about this problem with Torbecks)?

I'd be really grateful for any help with this.

MrsJellicle

Sponsored Links
i had one just the same last week get a new valve undo the large plastic nut remove the washer take care as it has plastic pins on the washer make sure you locate properly with the washer the correct way and refit the new end peice and float no need to remove from the cistern completely

Sponsored Links
If you do go for a new one, don't buy a Torbeck. Go to Plumb Centre and get yourself a Fluidmaster Pro, much more reliable

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back