touch on touch off lamp sensor, 240V

If you don't feel you can or want to help me I'd be most grateful if you would let those who wish to contribute to do so without dispute.
There is help with the difficult if not impossible task to make the lamp you have "touch switched". That is going to take a lot more than a few hundred words in a foru and even then is likely to end up with you having a dangerous lamp.

Or there is advice intended to help you avoid doing something that is almost certainl;y going to leave you and other people in your house at serious risk of electric shock, possibly fatal electric shock.

Take you choice.

Sponsored Links
Obviously the answers
"this can't be done" or
"it's impossible" or
"it does not exist" or
"it's impossible to do this safely"
are not the answers I'm looking for !!!!!!!!! :)
Indeed they are not.

But they are the only answers which exist - if they are not what you want that's because you want the wrong thing.

heheheheheheh
Glad you giggle like an idiot - it is apt.

There is no reason this cannot be done safely and in a compliant way.
A 4 wire device for 110/120V exists !!!! It exists .... !!!!! It exists !!!!!
( hot in, hot out, neutral, capacitive or resistive measuring touch wire ).
FGS - did you read what flameport said early on?

I'm going to go buy that lamp from Homebase and dig the switch out !!!!!
You stupid, STUPID idiot!

If you get any information that helps me identify such a device I'd be grateful of your help.
THERE
blank65x10t.gif
IS
blank65x10t.gif
NO
blank65x10t.gif
SUCH
blank65x10t.gif
DEVICE!

If you don't feel you can or want to help me I'd be most grateful if you would let those who wish to contribute to do so without dispute.
People are trying to help you - they are trying to stop you being a stupid, STUPID idiot and killing yourself, or worse, somebody else.

The sun is shining
Frazzled your brain, has it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back