touching up matt walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I painted all the downstairs walls about 3 years ago with Dulux Hessian Matt. I made a right pig's ear of it as well, by going back over patches while wet etc. :rolleyes:
Now I need to patch up some bits where there are dirty marks that won't wipe off, or holes for pictures I have filled. Is there a way of painting these patches without them showing, or will I have to paint the whole wall again?

I've learnt quite a lot reading this forum - painting is a lot harder than I thought, if you want a good finish - but I would appreciate some advice regarding cutting in and avoiding "flashing" too. :oops:

Sponsored Links
well I am no pro, but 3 year old paint and new paint. it wont match.

give it all a little nib off and do the whole thing I would say.

Darren

if its 3 year old it might not touch up, but if you still have some of the original paint left that was first used, i would try thin the paint down with a bit of water and try touch it up with that. it might take a couple of coats but if you thin it and brush it out you might get away with it. give it a go, worse case you have to re emulsion the areas

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back