Towel and Airing Cupboard radiator, timeclock and stat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
PLUMBING.jpg

From the system above,

A is Upstairs heating
B is Downstairs heating
C is Underfloor heating
D is Hot water
E is Towel radiator and radiator in old airing cupboard

The system has been designed so that when anything calls for heat, some hot water will also be sent to towel radiator and airing cupboard radiator as we no longer will have a hot water tank in the airing cupboard.

A and B will be controlled by Siemens REV24-RF 7-Day Wireless Programmable Thermostats.

C has its own time clock and stats.

I was looking at purchasing a single channel time clock programmer for D.

I am now thinking to give me more control over E to insert a motorised valve and use a 2 channel time clock to control D and E.

However is it possible to do this with it feeding just 2 radiators? I want to make sure that even in summer the airing cupboard radiator and towel radiator get warm otherwise we could have just plumbed it into the upstairs heating system.
Also what would be the best method of control, they don't need to get blinding hot just nice and warm.

The rest of the system is a Vaillant ecotecplus system boiler and Vaillant Unistor hot water cylinder.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Looking at your photograph, to me, E looks like it might be a by-pass, if so, it needs to work as it does and shouldn't have any controls or valves fitted to it. Your boiler installation instructions will provide information about by-pass requirements and whether you need one or not.

Looking at your photograph, to me, E looks like it might be a by-pass, if so, it needs to work as it does and shouldn't have any controls or valves fitted to it. Your boiler installation instructions will provide information about by-pass requirements and whether you need one or not.

Agreed, you could however relocate the bypass and then put a zone valve on circuit E, and wire it into a programmer as with everything else. Temperature control can be achieved with the use of thermostatic radiator valves, or if it's the surface temperature of the radiators you wish to restrict then simply restrict the flow through them by winding the lockshields almost closed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back