Towel Radiator alternative

rcs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Does anyone know of a towel radiator that gives off a decent amount of heat but will fit under a window? The size would be limited to 700mm high but length is upto about 1500mm. I'm still considering just putting a normal rad there as having a warm bathroom would be more important than warm towels.
Any advice appreciated.
rcs

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply but that's the point. I only have 700mm of height to play with. Not sure what the heat loss is but the room is only 4 sq mtrs with 2 insulated outside walls and a large window.
Cheers
rcs

Sorry mis read your post (hung over and trying to find a new mortgage simultaneously :().

Looks like you'll have to get a normal rad or buy a custom job.

Have you thought about old school rads?

I doubt you'll need much for that room.

Sponsored Links
Well I can put a 700Hx400W Towel Heater, but would that provide enough heat for the size of room?
Cheers

Hangover and mortgage research? Not a pleasant combo!!

PLUS nearly a months worth of paperwork!!!! aaarrghh

An I gotta clean the house for the wife's reuturn tomorrow 'cos the cleaners didn't turn up.

Anyway... why not fit one it its side? then you can get a bigger one? Get one that has evenly spaced bars otherwise it'll look obvious.

700X400 towel warmer, Phwoar, freeeezzing cold bathroom.

600X1200 Double, uhmmm, really really as warm as toaste :D

Well that's the way I'm thinking at the mo. Could always get a hanger for the towels over the rad (no airing cupboard). Might not look as good but come winter (and new born!!!!) I think I might regret not putting in a rad.

rcs said:
Hi
Does anyone know of a towel radiator that gives off a decent amount of heat but will fit under a window? The size would be limited to 700mm high but length is upto about 1500mm. I'm still considering just putting a normal rad there as having a warm bathroom would be more important than warm towels.
Any advice appreciated.
rcs

Put two or three side by side, by coupling the rails with chrome pipe and fittings. BES will supply the chrome fittings.

http://bes.co.uk

I did think of putting a few side by side, but even then, the output will still be quite low. I've seen some old fashioned type radiators that have a towel rail built in but they are of an old fashioned style. I would prefer something modern. Hole in the market or a niche?
Thanks for the reply.
rcs

rcs said:
I did think of putting a few side by side, but even then, the output will still be quite low. I've seen some old fashioned type radiators that have a towel rail built in but they are of an old fashioned style. I would prefer something modern. Hole in the market or a niche?
Thanks for the reply.
rcs

Myson have a radiator with a towel rail attached to the front.

You can couple up a few and then put one on another wall as well if space.

Also look here:
http://www.mrcentralheating.com/towelrails.html

Or put in a Myson kickspace under the bath and a towel rail. This will heat the place up no problems. The under bath units have 12 volt electrics.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back