TOWEL RADS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have finally had a new pcb board fitted to my potterton suprima50 boiler after suffering lock-outs for a few months. Everything seems to be fine but i am a little concerned as the towel radiators are still running hot even though i have turned the c/h off at the box downstairs, i have been told it's due to it being direct off the h/w, is this normal?

Sponsored Links
Yes it is common to have bathroom rads/towel rails piped into hot water circuit. Keeps your towels warm and dry during the summer when the heating is off.

Thanks,
It just seems like the boiler is constantly firing up, and the pump is always on which i presume is down to the towel rads being fed, my h/w tank thermostat is set to 60/70 degrees but the towel rads get scorching hot, could i have a thermostat problem, it is a honeywell(from memory) square type box fixed to the side

Does the boiler stop firing when you turn off the HW at the programmer?

Sponsored Links
Yes, once it programs to go off, everything is fine and boiler goes off, it's just the continuous firing up when the h/w is programmed on, i thought it may be because the pump is sending water through the towel rads continuously, and like i say the water gets scolding hot even tho temp is set fairly low at 60/70 on cylinder

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back