Towel Rail Btu and Propane Gas Fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope it's OK to post 2 topics.

I have a 1400x600 towel rail in my en-suite and was wondering how I can determine the Btu/Kwh of the unit. My problem is that the en-suite doesn't warm up much more than 19.3C even with the rail full on and was thinking of replacing for a higher output if possible.

The second question relates to my gas fire. I have a 45kg gropane gas bottle outside. it is red in colour. There is a small length of camping gas type hose from the cylinder valve that connects to a copper pipe that goes through the wall to the fire. I had the cylinder changed in September so know it is full.

I have just tried to light the fire and I got an initial burst of gas but that quickly stopped and now I don't get anything. I have tried to purge the gas as I did when I replaced the cylinder but can't hear or smell the gas.

Was just wondering if the problem might be that because of the cold the gas is "freezing" and not supplying the fire. If that is the case what can I do to stop this happening.

Don't recall having this problem before but then again can't be sure if I have tried the fire during periods of real cold as only use the fire infrequently.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back