Towel Rail not heating up..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just moved into a house, and all the radiators work fine except I cannot get the Towel Radiator to work. I've tried bleeding it and also turning off all other radiators except that one, but nothings worked.

I have noticed though if I keep bleeding it for a long time, the hot water comes through and the radiator heats up but then when i close it it cools down again.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like one of the towl rail valves are off/shut try opening the valves both sides.

I have noticed though if I keep bleeding it for a long time, the hot water comes through and the radiator heats up

If its a combi dont bleed it too much or you will have to repressurise the boiler.

Sponsored Links
One of the pipes maybe blocked. Sounds like the water cannot flow through the towel rail and back to the boiler. Opening bleed valve is providing an exit so hot water can be drawn in from the system via the pipe that isn't blocked. If you repeat the exercise see which pipe gets hot, if the other remains cold then there is no circulation through that pipe. If one pipe remains cold try the 'Bucket test', (see Boiler and CH FAQ's number 21).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back