towel rails and c**p brackets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the subject suggests i'm hacked off with hopeless brackets that most manufacturers/importers provide with todays latest must have. for instance recently i had to use a window frame fixing to fix one particular sod to the wall - the supplied fixing wouldn't have held an empty shelf up! though this was partly down to poor construction (on a 2yr old 350k house- suprise suprise!). looking for quality brackets supplied from a decent manufacturer.

Sponsored Links
You mean the sliding plastic tubes. They work fine it's the walls which are at fault. House construction has been all down hill since 1880.

If youy aren't at liberty to plunge into the c r a p stud wall and put a well placed noggin in, then you have to have a whole armery of spring toggles, plasterboard screws, good old brown rawl plugs, frame fixings, just throw the lot at it and allow a morning's work.

I had trubble with them on a lath and plaster wall. The force on the lower edge of the wall bracket was such that it just pushed the wall in and the bracket folded downwards.
I found some escutcheon plates about 2 inch square, which I put underneath/behind the bracket. I had a choice of chrome or brass - chose the brass so they could be painted wall-colour.

Sponsored Links
£400 + rail with 20p plastic brackets. It makes my blood boil.

Does anyone know maker that supplies proper chromed brass brackets?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back