Tower 2 port motorised valve

tcb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my system has a tower motorised valve fitted to the central heating system. heating does not work in auto position, i have moved the lever to the fixed manual position and the heating works ok. i have changed the motor but no difference. any ideas??

Sponsored Links
When the timer is swtiched on and the thermostat made does the valve motor open or does it stay at rest??

If it opens then does it make the endswitch to bring on pump/boiler??

If it does not motor, is it getting 240Vac?? if not check room stat and timer.

When the timer is swtiched on and the thermostat made the valve motor stays at rest when the lever is in the auto position

Sponsored Links
you need to get the voltmeter out and start looking where there is power and where there is not.

Its like a big game of join the dots....

power from the time clock to the room stat to the motor on the valve to the boiler and the pump.

Try removing the timeclock and making a connection from the live to the CH on connection, will be a diagram on rear of timeclock to show you which one this is.

If system then works then is timeclock, if not then link out the room stat and try again....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back