TPI Fuzzy Logic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Recently had a non programmable wireless thermostat fitted to condensing boiler.
The problem is that once it reaches temperature, say, 18 degrees, it will hold it exactly at that temperature. That's the idea, you may say, and so it is but it means the boiler then fires up for 1 or 2 minutes every 1 or 2 minutes. So this means my boiler is switching on and off every 2 minutes which is going to cost a fortune and can't be good for the boiler as Combis are not supposed to work like that. Surely the unit should have a temperature range of, say, a couple of degrees like the old wired units do. I've had to ring the electrician and ask him to take out the unit and re-install my old wired unit and thermostat as I can’t afford to run the boiler 12 hours a day. I rang Honeywell who make these units for Wolseley and was told it takes up to 2 weeks for the unit to learn how it needs to work in my house. Apparently it uses TPI Fuzzy Logic. I asked Honeywell if I needed to adjust the default parameters of the unit but was advised this would not help with the issue and to leave them as they are. It may be a while before I can get it changed back so in meantime I'm putting it on standby till I want the heating on. I've read the Honeywell TPI functionality sheet but not prepared to run the boiler almost non stop with luke warm water running round the rads. Any comments / advice / ideas welcome. thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back