Trader speaks his mind

Of course if he really is the souless money making machine that he claims to be, he may well have a vested interest in what he has said and the reaction to what was said would profit him... Or he may just be talking out of his arris...... Time to flip a coin.

Sponsored Links
As opposed to those who refuse certain people planning permission in the 'green belt', and then tear up the planning laws for large companies who wish to do the same?
So in the great scheme of things, who exactly are the biggest parasites?

Is there any devil that you won't play advocate for?

It's the same old example of people being like sheep. The news says this everyone agrees, done. But what if the news is biassed? What if newspapers spy on people and make up stories? Then what are to believe?

I often get in trouble on here for thinking outside the box, and people misconstrue that as drunk, daft, or an idiot. But a lot of people actually return, when I carefully explain the rationale behind what I said, and think, hmm, maybe you are onto something. But people just speed read/type, and a comment or thought is gone in a second, Some people quote others to remember, others quote to ignore, and others quote, and edit the origional posts to suit their needs.

For an example that fits into my above, the daft the drunk, and the idiot....

I'd been visiting my parents today, went out for a nice meal, had a beer. When being dropped off, my parents were turning their car round, and I stepped inside to turn the crappy energy saving lights on, that take forever to give light. Worst invention ever. I then step outside, to wave them off, to hear this almighty crashing/crunching of metal, with a truck speeding off in the opposite side of the street, but on the wrong side of the street.

The dust settles, me thinking my parents brand new car has just been wiped out by a massive lorry....panic....

So some lorry has come down the road, smacked the side of a P reg Mondeo, carried on, smacked a Jeep, and took the wingmirror off, some person following saw this, got his reg number, and the jeep and following car return to scene, lorry does one quickly and badly...Jeep and Mondeo exchange details about this crazy lorry driver...police don't show up to take statements. My partner witnessed all this. I was only privvy to part.

So many neighbours come out, hearing this crash bang. My partner goes down to offer herself as a witness, but the young kids messing about at the bus stop where it happened, say they don't recall any of it.

Speaking to neighbours, when it calmed down a bit..and they are giving their view....well I was in my backyard, and we heard it. Teenangers, right next to it, we saw noffin. Giz a siggy. (no they did say that)

So who is the daft, the drunk or the idiot? Maybe this financial 'expert' has all his futures, in bonds bound to fail, like that American Bank that went under.

And who is daft, drunk or idiot in this hit and run x2 ? Driver drunk? Idiot teens being right there with no recall? Daft - neighbours giving an opinion..ohh its her from number 38, I know her mum you know....

DON't take at first glance, what you would expect, but form your own opinions. Don't follow the crowd.

AND This REALLY DID HAPPEN tonight. Not so sure on the financial expert, only read it in the Metro newspaper, and a snippet on text.

As opposed to those who refuse certain people planning permission in the 'green belt', and then tear up the planning laws for large companies who wish to do the same?
So in the great scheme of things, who exactly are the biggest parasites?

Is there any devil that you won't play advocate for?

Just pointing out the blindingly obvious hypocrisy.... ;)

Sponsored Links
Of course the trader is right. The UK can't stop borrowing. Every month we borrow three times the cost of the the Olympics. If we can't even stop borrowing - how the hell can we ever pay it back? The UK is bust. That's a fact. We are going the same way as Greece but there won't be any bail-out money. We are a runaway train - and the buffers are just around the bend. :cry:

Slightly over pessimistic I hope Joe ...... but yes we are up the creek with no sign of a paddle in sight.

If anything it is optimistic. With endlessly rising commodity prices and a debt that gets harder to finance every month - where is the hope? Wages are being suppressed by immigration so less and less tax is being paid. The benefit bill is out of control with some people claiming thousands in HB etc every month to live in Westminster. It's mental. If they cap benefits at minimum wage everyone that rents anywhere near a big city would be homeless. Therefore the benefit bill can NEVER be reduced. Maybe when we default on our loans we'll get the shock we need.

Maybe when we default on our loans we'll get the shock we need.

I wonder if we haven't already,the actual debt that this country owes is never mentioned only the ongoing deficit,is it because this as been written off because it will never get paid back.

What if.......

About 5 years or so ago, there was real talk of some of the Mid-Eastern oil producing countries swapping their dollars for euros, and even the oil being priced in euros instead of dollars.

What if the current economic woes are a product of USA's interefrence in the world economies in order to underpin the dollar, and weaken other currencies?

What if.......

About 5 years or so ago, there was real talk of some of the Mid-Eastern oil producing countries swapping their dollars for euros, and even the oil being priced in euros instead of dollars.

What if the current economic woes are a product of USA's interefrence in the world economies in order to underpin the dollar, and weaken other currencies?

I heard of this mish mash info...apparently there is an Internet theory, that the US set up a new currency, I forget the name of it, to flood the oil markets, start a war etc...devalue the world economy, then cash in with this new brand of cash, to be traded on oil. Similar I suppose to how the Euro was introduced.

But obviously Red Herring has heard of such a scheme, as I have, but no basis for proof. Just a rumour. Anyone else aware of this?

I heard of this mish mash info...apparently there is an Internet theory, that the US set up a new currency, I forget the name of it, to flood the oil markets, start a war etc...devalue the world economy, then cash in with this new brand of cash, to be traded on oil. Similar I suppose to how the Euro was introduced.

But obviously Red Herring has heard of such a scheme, as I have, but no basis for proof. Just a rumour. Anyone else aware of this?

No, I haven't heard of such a theory. Perhaps you could elucidate, or refer us to someone/somewhere that can. A link on the aforementioned internet perhaps?

My postulation was that perhaps, just perhaps, the USA is grateful for the current economic woes, especially for the Eurozone, as it deflects any possibility for the petroeuro to replace the petrodollar.
Thus the dollar is reinforced, underpinned, re-valued, not replaced by some new currency introduced by the USA.

I'm a little concerned of your recollection of the introduction of the euro.

Wasn't that Saddam Hussein's plan? That lead to the Iraq war?

I think it was Joe, but it wasn't only Saddams plan. I'm sure there was a cartel of oil producing countries that were toying with the idea.

A conversion to petroeuros from petrodollars would have caused far more serious repercussions to USA than the recent credit crunch. All the worlds oil consuming countries, and oil producing countries, would have had to convert their dollars to euros.

Perhaps, just perhaps, they engineered the path of lesser evils, and are now enjoying the resurge of trust in the dollar?

I see MM made a mish-mash of his contribution, as usual. :eek:

If anything it is optimistic. With endlessly rising commodity prices and a debt that gets harder to finance every month - where is the hope? Wages are being suppressed by immigration so less and less tax is being paid. The benefit bill is out of control with some people claiming thousands in HB etc every month to live in Westminster. It's mental. If they cap benefits at minimum wage everyone that rents anywhere near a big city would be homeless. Therefore the benefit bill can NEVER be reduced. Maybe when we default on our loans we'll get the shock we need.

Surely you don't lay the blame for the current economic climate on HB recipients in Westminster? And why Westminster? A lot of the borough is a dump..

Perhaps the root cause is that our country (like most others) is managed by people with the finncial where with all of the investment bankers.

The biggest victims in financial downturns are the poor saps who work their arses off for crap pay and are then asked by their employers to take pay cuts and work even harder.

Sponsored Links
Back