Traffic info volume?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My R reg Astra Merit has a radio with no name on it.

The problem is that when it switches to a station giving traffic info its at quite a loud volume and no longer controlled by the volume control.

I seem to remember having the same problem on my Peugeot 405.

Does anyone know how to set the traffic only volume level?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Would really need to know the make/model of the stereo, but as you state it has no name on it, doubt you will know that...
All models that have traffic announcements, have a menu system of some description which will have an option called "TA Volume" this can then be preset to any volume of your choice. Of course, if you don't want the traffic announcements at all, there is normally a button that will get rid of the TA symbol that should be somewhere on the radio's display (Or possibly on the dash display as it's a Vauxhall)

Agile,I will copy out the instructions for TP volume from our Zafira audio manual.Vauxhalls about your year had, as standard fit radio's and radio cassettes by Blaupunkt,Grundig and Phillips,all probably similar but with different ways of setting things like this.

The "bottom of the range","car 100" & "car 200",as far as I can tell,have no facility for pre-setting the TP volume,but,when a report comes on at elevated volume,a short touch on the TP button will adjust the volume to that level at which you were listening to the radio.
"car 400"== Press the TP button for more than 3 seconds,you should hear a beep,followed by TP-VOL-3 on the display.Then use the search tuning controls < & > to adjust between -3 and +3.
Hope this helps. :rolleyes:

Thanks, I think I must have the most basic model with no facility top adjust TP volume.

Any touch on the TP button during an announcement just kills the TP and reverts to the original R4.

It seems that I am just going to have to live with it then!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Sorry I can't be more helpfull,Our last astra was a merit on a "M" plate and that had a "car 200" radio/cassette. Possibly yours is not original.
As B&Qsuck says,you really need to know the make,then someone with the info can pass it on.Could you slip the set out and see if there is a label on it?
Beware if it's coded as this will power it down of course.

Just been to re-read the audio book,it is definate (if OEM unit fitted) that there is no volume control on the entry level models.
But,it should not kill the TP altogether if you briefly push the TP button during a report,just reduce the volume to that of the radio.Two pushes however will take it off TP during a report,and one push as normal will stop TP if it is not reporting.
OK,so that's what it should do,if yours is not this way,then you would think it's either faulty or non-standard.
Have also checked daughter's corsa "R"plate audio book and it says the same,although I can't check it as the OEM has been changed for a JVC.

Back