Trainee Spark needs help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
CAN ANYBODY PUT ME ONTO SOME REVISION SITES,I HAVE MY FIRST YEAR2360PART 1 EXAMS COMING UP PRETTY SOON AND I COULD DO WITH SOME QUIZ'S ON IT .........THANX A LOT :)

Sponsored Links
Capitals are SHOUTING online, try to use the caps lock in the other position.

In the meantime try this.

A 10 ohm resister is connected in parallel with a 15 ohm resistor and the combination is connected in series with a 12 ohm resister. The equivilent resistance of the circuit is?

A) 37 ohms
B) 18 ohms
C) 27 Ohms
D) 4 Ohms

Also:

If a circuit has a voltage of 5V and an ammeter records a current of 25mA, what is the resistance of the circuit?

Sorry about the capitals....here go's

question 1 is it 18 ohms
question 2 is it 200 ohms

SPARKED OUT said:
Sorry about the capitals....here go's

question 1 is it 18 ohms
question 2 is it 200 ohms

Your right on both counts :D

When I have time I'll post a couple more I can think of.

Sponsored Links
This could be pretty fun! Perhaps some capacitor and inductor questions next?

OK, to keep Adam happy too, try this one Guys,

1:Capacitance

(a) Determine the energy stored in a 3 micro-Farad TiO Capacitor when charged to 400V.?

(b) Also determine the average power developed if this energy is discharged in a time of 10 micro-seconds?

2: Magnetism.

A magnetising force of 8000A/m is applied to a circular magnetic circuit of mean diameter of 30cm by passing a current through a coil wire wound on the circuit.

If the coil is uniformly wound around the circuit and it has a total of 750 turns, determine the current flowing through the coil.

Hey guys take it easy i'm only in my 1st year not done much on those 2,anymore greatly appreciated

cheers fwl.........keep it simple for now. :LOL:

i will try though!

Hey Sparked..they must have watered down part 1 from when I was an apprentice, I took these questions from my old college work for part 1 exam prep work!!

It was lazyness as I couldn't be arsed to work out a new question from scratch..I'll do it now though and make them a little easier. Sorry :)

FWL, Thanx for replying just got a book on magnetism to-nite of a friend
I will read up on it this week.

I do 2 nights a week on a fast track course 1 theory 1 practical, my sister who is a bit of a whiz at maths is brushing my skills up on that side ,
but any future help is greatly appreciated,formulas were a bit of a pain but i got a ohms chart of the net which helps me.

When I was an apprentice we did one month at college followed by one month on site, and part One took a full year.

How the industry is suffering!! :(

That is not a dig at you Sparked..I'll be whatever help I am able to be.

FWL the answers you set me earlier are they

1a 7.5*10-9j

b 7.5*10-4

2 magnetism question.........320amp

SPARKED OUT said:
FWL the answers you set me earlier are they

1a 7.5*10-9j

b 7.5*10-4

2 magnetism question.........320amp

Erm..how can I put this..NO on both counts, way off.

Energy in the capacitor:

w=1/2CV*2 = 1/2(3x10*6)400*2 = 3/2x16x10*-2 = 0.24 Joules

Power = energy/time = 0.24/10x10*-6 w = 24kW

The answer to the magnetism is.

I-=hl/N = 8000(Piex30x10*-2)/750 = 10.05A

Ok - well here's one which will be dear to FWL's heart:

Assuming a Ze of 0.8ohms, what is the maximum length of a 4mm ring main cable, installation method 1, that will allow you to meet the 0.4s disconnect time with a 30A BS3036 fuse?

ban-all-sheds said:
Ok - well here's one which will be dear to FWL's heart:

Assuming a Ze of 0.8ohms, what is the maximum length of a 4mm ring main cable, installation method 1, that will allow you to meet the 0.4s disconnect time with a 30A BS3036 fuse?

You might want to refrase that question...and no I don't mean the comment about me either :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back