Transformer Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a bar in my garden that has 3 beer pumps, these all have LEDs that light up the beer signage on the pumps, these 3 are all wired separately.
I also have 7 x 2w LED bulbs that are wired in series.

These pumps and bulbs are all 24v but was wondering that although the 24v transformers come with 6 connectors can I use 1 connector for the 7 x 2w LEDs?

Also what sort of VA should I be looking at for the transformer as the ones I’ve seen are rated at 96va and do not know if this is going to be man enough.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sponsored Links
Also what sort of VA should I be looking at for the transformer as the ones I’ve seen are rated at 96va and do not know if this is going to be man enough.
That obviously depends primarily on how much power the pumps need - but 96 VA for 3 pumps sounds very little to me.or your help.

Do the pumps (labelling or documentation) indicate how much power each needs?

Sponsored Links
VA and Watts with DC is the same, and nearly the same with AC, so 2 x 7 = 14 so 96 is ample.
Maybe I misunderstood the OP.

As you say, 96 VAis more than enough for 14W of LEDs, but I though he was saying that the transformer also has to run three pumps (which, as I implied, I suspected would need a fair bit more than 96 VA).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back