travertine tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone i'm a newbie in need of advise! i bought a pallet of 40x40 travertine stone tiles from ebay to completly tile out our bathroom. now i've been loking around some stone websites to try to find some installation advice and too my horror read that i would have to strip my walls back to bare brick then re-render them with plain mortar to make a suitable base to tile upon! At the moment my walls are very smooth,straight and as far as i can tell in good condition (emulsion over plaster).Is the information i found correct or is there another way round this problem! Please help as wifey is hounding me to get cracking!!!!

Sponsored Links
What thickness are the tiles as skimmed plaster walls will only hold 20kg per m2 and if going onto paint the bond will only be as good as that between paint & plaster.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back