Treason!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Those people who broke into the House of Commons (we are not discussing foxhunting here kids!!) should be thrown in The Tower. Disrupting the seat of Government (even if it is run by Labour :evil: ) surely must carry the death penalty or something ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
The problem with fox hunters, there are a total rich snob who think they are above everybody else. I got money so you little poor middle class people s*d off and I don't care about you. Well that's the impression I get. Tally oh for now.

actually you are all wrong (sorry about that)

i do not care for it , but last night on a national phone in radio staion, that was what 85% of calls were about.

apparently average number of dogs is 40, the hunt is made up of mostly working class people (they also play a big part "behind the scenes") not upper class people as you would think, and these two points, no one from either side challenged so they must be true.

there was big debates about loads of other aspects, but these two points appear to be the only ones everyone agrees on

Interesting, I thought you have to have plenty of money to be a fox hunters and thought it was a rich sport, a bit like polo game etc.

Sponsored Links
Come on breezer, look at this pic and tell me the guy in the red coat is working class.
side.jpg

I'm all for it. Keeps vermin down....provides jobs....maybe it should be used to get rid of some of the scum walking our streets

It wouldn't of taken many more protesters to outnumber the MP's.

Talk about a good number.

shaggy said:
Your definition of vermin is........?

The word "vermin" is in fact a corruption of the latin word "vermis", meaning "worm". :D

Now, every dictionary definition I can find of the word includes several uses. The only definitions I can find that apply to foxes and their hunters(surely neither are in the same category as mice and cockroaches :confused: ) are along the lines of:

1) "an animal that preys on game"
2) "a person considered obnoxious, loathsome and offensive"

However, I thought the problem of foxes is that they kill chickens. And they do, no doubt about it. However chickens are not "game" as they are neither wild nor hunted for sport. Now, surely a wild animal that preys on game is by it's very nature NOT vermin, as it is hunting other wild animals to survive.

Ipso facto, a fox is not vermin from the context of killing game belonging to a farmer, as they kill the farmers' chickens. It is also not vermin from the context of killing wild game, as that is it's natural food source.

shaggy said:
Come on breezer, look at this pic and tell me the guy in the red coat is working class.
side.jpg

I am only saying what i heard on the radio, as i also said it keeps a lot of people employed (working class) that you do not see, also as i said no one disputed this

Nah ... Working class ... can kiss their azz !!
Rent or own a hunter ... generally joking !!
The majority of working class involvement would be ancillary. This would be a hereditary type thing as in Appearing in or characteristic of successive generations Farm labourers, poorer farmers and their kin .. tied etc etc.
Of course there will be jobs at stake .... bit like Jaguar factory currently in the news ... except Bryan Ferry aint a union leader, but is, allegedly a hunt master !!
Now folks the fun begins ... The parliamentary incursion ... But these are lads of good and decent stock, hi-jinks is all. Ah,ha so we'll focus on the positive... they really tested the system for us, in fact were a help not hinderance !!
Now imagine if they were kids from our mean streets ... they'd be in the tower PDQ !! Not referred to as The Commons Eight: polo colleagues and hunt friends All working class ?
Just what do you do ? Landowners have always held sway ... they will fight this and in doing so probably incite other poor fools to break the law, lunatic fringe loves direct action.

I drew jestful remarks when I posted about 'farming cars' around West country Airport .... Ongoing
This is not working class people these are farming stock, being allegedly, a little naughty with the planning / green belt laws ...
As an old thespian used to cackle ..'Titter ye not !!' ...
Based on the outcome of the inquiry .. could be coming to your local Airport ... surround car parking with 24 / 7 usage !!

P

I couldn't resist throwing in Oscar Wilde's summation of fox hunting:

"The unspeakable in pursuit of the uneatable" :)

I don’t understand the argument that hunting should be retained because it provides employment. Consider the number of people making a good living out of the import and distribution of drugs. Is there an argument to legalise drug dealing because if these people are stopped then they will be out of work? Of course not, because if something is wrong then it is wrong and the employment aspect is irrelevant. These people associated with the hunt will have to find alternative employment. Perhaps with retraining they may end up becoming useful members of society doing useful jobs such as working in the construction industry where there is a shortage of skilled people.

shaggy said:

side.jpg

He's probably the guy who looks after the hounds, same level as gamekeeper, ie working class.

Sponsored Links
Back