Tree stump feature suggestions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I got this tree stump in the front garden. Completely sick of trying to cut it any lower, decided just to leave it as is..

Having surrounded it with cheap pebbles from BnQ it kinda growing on me.. But I feel it could look a bit better but I'm not sure where to start. Any suggestions on how to make it look better? Paint it? Or carve something into it or hang something from it? I dunno.

Suggestions welcome.

Sponsored Links
24850.jpg

bow saw with new blade

Sponsored Links
lol for the suggestions. I'm seriously keeping it now. I don't want the tree to go. I feel like it's part of me..

More suggestions like the ply wood = bird table please. :D

You've mentioned carving, how good are you?
Looking at it I can see a right hand with its thumb up.

I recon a bird house perched on the top would look good, except it might be a bit low if the moggies prowl around.

Wotan.

Concrete in a 4 inch post to the side of the stump and wack a massive chain around both. Make sure there is a security light trained on them and the lot will be gone by the next day.

If you can disguise the cable ,maybe by lifting and replacing the bark, you could also turn it into an "attractive outside garden light".

Cut all the separate branches off till you get large enough flat spaces, get a spade drill bit and make lots of little recesses in different sizes, then shove some little plants in the holes.

Little crawly fat plants etc.

Cut all the separate branches off till you get large enough flat spaces, get a spade drill bit and make lots of little recesses in different sizes, then shove some little plants in the holes.

Little crawly fat plants etc.

And the winner goes to.

oooo what did I win? :LOL:

If I had something like that at home it would be a brilliant excuse to go nuts with either a chainsaw or an excavator :)

cut several ledges up the side for trailing plants
hollow out the the ledges fill with earth/compost then after several years it will eventually turn to dust after feeding plants for many years

or you could simply drill holes at an angle big enough for the plants and earth although a mixture off both including the branch/root ends would look good in my eyes

bird table is a definate nono as the local cats will use it as an amusement park/fast food place

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back