Trellis or screen for patio doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

Suggestions / links appreciated !

Something to stop feral neighbourhood cats coming into mom's kitchen, when she has patio doors open.

At the moment, she has the door slightly ajar, but would like to open it fully in the hot weather.

Tia :)

Sponsored Links
Years ago I made a simple wooden frame out of 2x1 with a central horizontal for my mum, who had an aluminium patio door. It used the weather U shape to trap the frMe between the door

I.e. Open door fully, insert screen , close door a couple of inches

It was covered in net curtain material and painted white
It worked great for flys etc

Later I bought a special extruded frame system that used brown alloy and plastic joins to make a frame, with black netting, held in place by a round rubber type beading. It had hinges made from plastic so it opened like a door

Thanks for the help :)

Totally random thought, and of course totally dependent on the cat itself, would one of those fly chain thingies put a scrounging cat off?

Sponsored Links
If it's a simple screen, lidl or aldi did a magnetic nylon screen last year
I don't have a cat so can't comment, but would a cat jump a bit of board ? It wouldn't know that the top was soft?

But you need to ensure that your mum doesn't forget a low barrier is there and fall over it.
You could maybe add cable ties to the bottom of a chain device but that might make it hard for human traffic

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back