Trevi Boost Exposed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Planning to fit Trevi boost exposed valve, instructions state 'must use 22mm from hot supply'

Does anyone know if this is a 'MUST' or are they covering there backs and 15mm will work fine?

Reason is the pipework will be exposed and feed into bottom of shower, and 22mm will look b***** awful, was hoping to run 15mm chrome plated.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Sponsored Links
if the makers say its a must then its a must

unless you dont care about any guarantee

:)

22mm is a must for the hot on a Trevi boost. RTFB!.

Why not fit concealed valve? Can you feed from behind? Or try a different shower that can have two 15mm feeds...

Hi Leakydave!

Thanks for the reply, this is in a OLD house with very proper wall, the only posible of way of bring in from the rear and concealed would be to chase out a very big bit of the wall, which obviously is a lot of work, retiling etc, not sure I want to go down that route.......

Due to very high mains pressure and hot water being low as fed from tank, I think the Venturi is the only way to get a shower in the house..

Do oyu know a venturi that has 15mm feeds on hot then?

Sponsored Links
Do oyu know a venturi that has 15mm feeds on hot then?

Are you aware how this type of ahower works? If you don't maximise the available hot supply it won't work (very well). A 22mm supply here is not an option it's a must. ;)

Normally the 22mm requirement seems a bit ott, when both H and C are going to have to share a 10mm hose, but I think in this case, on the hot side, it could make a difference.
Being me, I'd try it with 15mm but keep it very short.

Breesey, Yep, know exactly how the venturi principle works.
Aside from understanding this principle, I have a Venturi shower in my house, not sure of the make (its a round horrible looking thing) but this shower is fed by 15mm on the hot and cold, and apart from a all singing all dancing pumped mixer shower its by far and away the best shower I have ever had, temperature control is very good and a pretty powerful shower to boot........

Hence my question 'is there any that have 15mm feeds' I am pretty sure the shower I have is not produced anymore

Run hot and cold in 15, it'll be fine as you well know already. As someone else mentioned it is the manufacturer's gaurantee that suffers here!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back