Trianco Eurostar 70/90 Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Eurostar boiler keeps cutting out or rather it trips out during burns and I have to press the reset button to reignite it. Any ideas for a solution?

Sponsored Links
If it's tripping during a burn it probably does need servicing.

Sponsored Links
How did you decide that it does not need a service?

Do you have water in your oil?

Trianco have just gone bust !

Tony

The minimum this one needs is an oil pump pressure check...but without a thorough clean and a flue gas analysis, its anyone's guess really, from pump solenoid to photocell its guesswork at this stage.
John :)

Thanks for all the info. The boiler was serviced end of May beginning of June and a different engineer has recently had a look at it to see what's going wrong and he can't find a fault. It doesn't cut out during burning but trips during start up. I think I'll try cleaning the photo-cell.

The photocell will be fine if it runs OK.

You need to establish if the flame starts but is not recognised. Or if the flame does not start at all. Until thats known the possibilities cannot be considered.

Tony

I don't know which Burner your E/.Star has been Blessed with, but i would be looking at the Ignition components, if an Ecoflam MAX I would be suspicious of the Danfos EBI Ignition Transformer

Trianco made such a wonderful boiler they have just gone Bust!! ;)

Again, thanks for all the info'. It's a great site, I feel I'm almost qualified to strip the whole boiler down and repair it. I now like the sound of the ignition transformer possibly being the problem because a local engineer has also said that might be the trouble but he said it was probably a Bentone Wallstart HRM transformer. I guess I'll just have to whip it out and have alook.

If he was any good ...he would KNOW!! :confused:
(There is no such thing as a HRM Wallstar Transformer, - they only make boilers!

However HRM do use a Bentone Burner, which does use a DANFOSS EBI Transformer, much like the Ecoflam MAX

However if your boiler has the older Ecoflam MINOR Burner it uses a transformer made by COFI - (any engineer worth his salt would have BOTH of these on his van! ;)

I now like the sound of the ignition transformer possibly being the problem because a local engineer has also said that might be the trouble but he said it was probably a Bentone Wallstart HRM transformer. I guess I'll just have to whip it out and have alook.

I must say that I dont think that it is fair for you to call up local boiler engineers for free diagnostic advice when you apparently have no intention of paying them to fix your boiler.

We do give some free advice on this forum but if anyone sees my details and phones for free advice I have to decline as I could have a full time job ( unpaid ) giving free advice! One fellow in our local area even called me on a Sunday afternoon at 4pm for free advice. I told him that I was happy to come and repair his boiler within the hour but I dont give telephone DIY advice.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back