Trianco room heater burning wood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, new to this & may be on here a lot (just bought a 1950's rural semi in origional condition!).

The house has a Trianco TRH 45 Mk3 room heater which does the heating & hot water. It works fine on smokeless & it would seem a shame to remove it as there is no mains gas etc.

I've got access to an almost unlimited supply of logs & was wondering if there is any reason apart from efficency & the extra effort required to keep the fire stoked as apposed to anthrecite why I can't use logs as a main fuel source (i.e. do they burn too hot etc).

I've found the user manual & it states not to use coal but no mention of wood?

Any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Solid fuel requires its combustion air from below the fuel and up through the grate, logs need a bed of ash and combustion air from above and so burning logs on your room heater may or may not be successful.... My sister has a 1980s Trianco multifuel room heater that she permanently has the fuel bed set to solid fuel and yet burns logs with no problems...... Best I can say is try it and see but there are few other reasons why you couldn't burn logs on your stove

I had a coal rayburn. Used to burn wood fine.
Wood had no where near the same energy content though so it will
keep you busy.
It will also need a bit more cleaning depending on how cleanly the wood burns.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back