Trickle vent - frame, sash or overhead?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, any reason why manufacturers are doing trickle vents differently?

I've had four quotes for double glazing, two have the vents in the the sash and two have the vents in the frame. Currently my windows have the vent in a rail above the frame and it's quite discreet but no one has made that suggestion.

I've looked online and Duraflex do them (Duraflex overhead trickle vent) but from what I've read here, that profile is to be avoided. Liniar have also said they're doing one (Liniar announcement) but the supplier told me the vent has to be in the frame.

Is there a reason why suppliers make them differently and is any one way better than another? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
two have the vents in the frame. Currently my windows have the vent in a rail above the frame
Im not sure what the difference between these

maybe you mean your windows have a joining piece on top of your window and the trickle vent is in that?
If so its probably because your window was manufactured to a design pre trickle vents and they added that as a way to avoid altering their manufacturing process

I dont see much isue with have a trickle vent in the frame -just be aware that they do end up very close to the plaster line

maybe you mean your windows have a joining piece on top of your window and the trickle vent is in that?
Yes, they're currently per the Duraflex design, from the outside the vent faces downwards. Not as obvious as having them facing outwards.

I dont see much isue with have a trickle vent in the frame -just be aware that they do end up very close to the plaster line
There will be some plastering to do afterwards, I'm guessing I can unscrew them to make it easier for the plasterer.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back