Tricky insulation project

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I want to insulate between internal plaster board and external timber cladding.
In the picture below you will see a red arrow pointing to the area.
Between the internal plaster board and the cladding there is only the roof membrane.
I can gain access in the roof void from below the area and I was thinking of filling the area with a foam filler.

I've done a bit of research and found I need a slow-rise, so as not to burst the cladding of and closed cell to prevent moisture.

Can any one recommend a product or an alternative method?

Thank you in advance for your replys.
ian

Sponsored Links
Given the way foam expands, sticks, hardens etc, I can see no way you are going to be able to be able to comprehensively fill a gap of 60 -80 cm ( guessed by no/size boards) in the way you seem to think is possible.

That apart, I believe ( not sure) that foam is open-cell , but as far as moisture-vapour is concerned , I believe that is also irrelevant as the moisture penetration is going to be .......... ? Next to nothing.

You do not say what the decorative state of the room is, but if you want to make a decent job of this, I suggest removing the pb, insulating with exp polystyrene or fibre-wool batts and placing a polythene vapour-barrier between the pb amd the insulation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back