Trimming a bath panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Slightly OT -- not really tiling.
I am finishing off my bathroom replacement project and am about to fit a new bath side panel. It is a cheapo white plastic 1.7m panel.

Question(s): The panel is 3cm too wide (floor to bath lip). Given that I intend to silicone all round the panel after fitting, I am going to trim off the excess width. Is this too much width to trim off? If not, would a hacksaw be OK for trimming? Or a conventional saw. Or a jigsaw?

Mike

Sponsored Links
To be honest plastic bath panels are general a pile of doo doo.When I do have to fit one I try to ensure that the bath height is correct (allowing for tiles or any other floor coving) to accomadate the panel so no trimming nessercary.If I do have to trim one I opt for a fine tooth tenon saw using a shallow cutting angle (almost level).The edges on bath panels are usually formed with a 90 degree fold to keep it rigid so once you remove your 3cm it may be a problem to fit as it will be floppy :eek: .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back