Triple white socket slimline

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of replacing all of my light switces and power sockets. The electrian i used told me that it would fine to put in a triple socket as most companies offer a socket option. Now im trying to order the switches and sockets and im striggling to find a white slim profile in a triple option. I can find an mk one but it is a very basic cover plate.

Does anyone know where i would be able to find one in a slim profile. Also can anyone reccommend any good retailers for white slim profile switches and sockets. Any help is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Almost no one makes triple sockets, so the chances of finding one to match anything other than standard white plastic will be zero.

Also note that triple sockets are rated to 13A in total and will have a fuse in them. This will be a problem if you were intending to use the socket for high power appliances such as a kettle, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer etc.

Thanks, no i am just looking to power a lamp, phone charger and clock radio. I asked the sparky to put in 2 doubles to avoid this but he said it wouldnt cause a problem.

Actually not many manufacturers do make these.

MK probably is the slimmest and most attractive. It is switched.

Volex make an unswitched version. It has square corners and not particularly slim. Very plain and basic.

Similarly, Wickes sell their version. It is switched, but again square corners, not particularly slim, plain and basic.

All the ones above fit on a special flush metal back box, white surface pattress is also available.

Converta 3 gang sockets are available, but only fit over a standard 1 gang or standard 2 gang flush metal box. These are not exactly slimline.

Really two double sockets would have been better, as there is far more choice available. If it's not too late this may be a better option, provided the wiring is suitable for this alteration.

If you only want white plastic sockets, MK is the best option. They are a very sleek, contemporary design and supposedly the best you can buy.

Sponsored Links
Thanks again, just had it all plastered and painting is starting. I dont know how much hassle it would be to extend it to make 2 doubles? Otherwise i think im stuck with the non slim square corner ones that mk do.

hmmmm got me thinking even with two doubles behind the TV a 2 to 3 gang would be a nice easy way to make it a bit neater.
13 amp fusing would not be an issue.

Thanks again, just had it all plastered and painting is starting. I dont know how much hassle it would be to extend it to make 2 doubles? Otherwise i think im stuck with the non slim square corner ones that mk do.

They're fairly slim. They are rounded corners, not square corners.

The converters ive seen are just as big and bold as the triples available.

Yes (I know), the Converta range are in fact chunkier than the others described, and quite useless as they only fit on a single or double flush box.

Mk or get, just really wanted flatter slimline profile sockets. The triple doesnt really look attractive. Frustrating as i thought this would happen and i asked for 2 doubles!!

Maybe the cable is only a spur (branch) off the ring circuit, so it wasn't possible to fit two doubles.

I refuse to fit triple sockets generally, as it's so hard to buy them in a particular design. (Chrome is impossible.)

Out of the two, MK is a much better product than GET.

No it was a full rewire.
Assuming it was done properly, it should be easy enough to change to two doubles. Some minor repair to the plaster will be required, but if not painted/decorated yet, this won't be a problem.

Can't understand why anyone would fit a triple socket on a rewire, since the cost of one triple would be far more than two doubles.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back