Triton 2 Shower mystery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Triton 2 shower has worked fine for years. However ...

I had to repair the feed cable (due to a mouse) and now the power is restored to the pull switch - the red light goes on when switched on.

But there is no power light on the Triton 2 (so no power from the pull switch)- which should be on constantly when pull switch feed is on.

However if I turn the shower to on, nothing happens to the shower (as there is no power to it) but the red 'on ' light on the pull switch goes off!!

No re-routing off wires has taken place - all I have down is repair the feed cable to the pull switch and then replaced the pull switch - as I thought the mystery must have been caused by a faulty feed switch.

However having replaced the pull switch, the same problem occurs i.e. when the shower is turned on, it turns off the light in the pull switch.

I am totally confused and would be very grateful for any ideas at all as to why and how this is happening.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
When we had that problem, I replaced the isolator, and re-terminated everything from there to the shower. Turned out to be the RCBO, so it could be anything between the shower and the incoming supply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back