Triton Alicante shower. Replaced solenoid and still no water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The water valve I suspect is faulty as I have replaced the solenoid. If I take out the valve the sprung loaded seal will lift if I blow through it and will move if I hold a strong magnet against it. When the water pressure is applied the valve will not open with the solenoid detached with the magnet, or attached with power applied.
I have a live feed accross both solenoid contacts. I have also taken out a new solenoid from a Triton power shower to test it but no joy :rolleyes:
Any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
I have a live feed accross both solenoid contacts.
what do you mean you have live across both solenoid terminals ?
I have also taken out a new solenoid from a Triton power shower to test it but no joy :rolleyes:
Any ideas please?

are you testing it on the proper shower terminals or your own ?
have you done a resistance test on the solenoid valve ?

when in position and switched on I get a live on both terminals with my neon tester. When testing the resistance it returns what is best described as around 75% on the meter, the same on both solenoids I tested. Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
My meter reads from 100 on the left to zero on the right. The measurement it produces is 4. Hope that helps. If you can imagine the sweep of a windscreen wiper it goes 70% of the travel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back