triton power shower dripping from head when turned off

pvb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just fixed this problem and wish to show how easy it is to solve.
The shower worked fine but after the off button was pressed water would continue to drip from the shower head.
I first checked the resistance of the solenoid as per the video on Shower Doc
and this was OK so assumed it was probably a bit of crap in the solenoid valve stopping it shut off completely.
See bottom left in photo, solenoid is brown, has wires attached and is pushed onto the valve.
Trouble is the valve can not be removed without taking the unit apart as the large plastic nut is bonded on. What you have to do is saw the pipe just below the nut, this then allows the valve to be pulled down and out after taking the 2 screws out.
TRITON sell the replacement VALVE AND SOLENOID FOR £19 without the large plastic nut so it can be slipped back in place easily.
This fixed the problem and only took an hour.
NOTE: SHOWER DOC PRICE FOR VALVE AND SOLENOID IS £35 AND THEY WRONGLY DIAGNOSED THE PROBLEM.

Sponsored Links
Old thread but this might help somebody. The motor on my Triton Power Shower blew out and as I don't have any plumbing knowledge, and couldn't really afford a plumber, I bought an exact replacement. It was fairly easy to replace, following the supplied instructions. But when turned off water constantly dribbled from the shower head. I turned it off at the mains, researched and watched various Youtube videos. Bought a multimeter to check the solenoid valve which read a healthy 3.9 ohms but every article still pointed to a faulty solenoid valve. I was just about to go down the route of buying a new valve and attempt to replace it, when after a couple of days of having to turn the water on and off for showering, I realised that the constant dribble had turned into fast drips. A few showers later slow drips and then no drips at all. Took about three days. I can't tell you what happened, but I can say I didn't do anything. So maybe the solenoid valve needed a few goes to loosen up? That's all I can think of. Hope this helps someone out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back