Triton Entice 10.5Kw shower low water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, any help or advice with my problem would be much appreciated. Explaining as fully as I can:

I turned on my Entice 10.Kw and the water pressure was its usual high self and the shower was working fine (this is to the best of my knowledge as I didn’t actually get in). Then without warning after about 30s the whole unit shut down and the water stopped. I checked the consumer unit and found the shower circuit had tripped. I reset the circuit breaker to restore power to the shower and this time when I switched it on the water pressure had dropped significantly to less than half what is usually is. The shower now continues to work more or less as it should (e.g. the temperature can be altered) but with only just enough water coming through the shower head to fill the holes, gravity is doing most of the work to accelerate it.

I’ve read through all the other feedback on issues I could find and checked everything I can. There is no water pressure issue anywhere else in the house, kitchen and bathroom taps work fine. No other appliances e.g. washing machine were being used when the shower cut out, and using taps or w/machine when showering in the past has had zero effect on the flow of water from the shower. There is no stopcock I know of to shut off the supply to the shower, this can only be done with the property's main stopcock which has not be touched (I imagine a pressure change would be recognisable in taps too if it had been). I’ve tried running the shower on Econ and Cold modes, both of which change the temperature but neither have any effect on the amount of water coming out the shower head.

About two months ago I had to call an engineer to repair the unit as the control PCB had failed and the temperature was fluctuating. As he was fixing this he supplied me with a new shower head and hose, both of which I clean and descale regularly so no blockages there. He checked the inlet filter and even after 2.5yrs of use it was virtually spotless. He even remarked I had ‘no problems with water pressure’ as this was high.

I’m stumped, any ideas please?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back