triton ivory 3 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was hoping someone could help with a problem with my triton ivory 3 shower. Was showering for about 10 mins when there was a total loss of power and water so i checked the cord to see if it had tripped, it had not so i checked my fuse box and the fuse had tripped.

I flicked the switch on and went back to the shower and turned it on but it tripped again so i reset the fuse and tried the shower again it has not tripped since but now i can only get a reasonable shower temperature by setting it to 9-10 but obviously the flow is so weak its not worth showering.

We had the shower fitted over 6 years ago and its served us really well until now so maybe its time for a new one but was really hoping not to have to fork out for a new one and i would really appreciate any advice given.

Sponsored Links
One of the heating elements has failed.
Test both elements with a multi meter for resistance.

Should be 10 - 18 ohms each.

Or check for continuity you'll more likely find one is open circuit.

New heat can is around £38.

Seco

Where do you get your encylopedic knowledge about showers? Were you a service agent or something?

Notice that you're usually the only one on here who replies to shower queries. Many plumbers don't know much about shower internals, as often they don't want to faff about. Would rather screw a new box to the wall.

Apologies for hijack.

Ian

Where do you get your encylopedic knowledge about showers? Were you a service agent or something?

No never a service agent, never even been on them free day courses.

Just something caught my eye oneday on the lack of knowledge on faulty electric/mixer showers on the internet/plumbers etc.

So being nosey when i came across any faulty/working showers being changed/upgraded i stripped them down to see what the fault was and how it worked just out of interest and it sort of grew from there ie how to test certain parts, common faults, reading mi's.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like hard-won knowledge. Don't suppose anyone ever wrote a shower repair book? Maybe an idea.

Seriously, have used a few of your shower tips to solve problems. Keeps the punters happy.

Cheers

Ian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back