Triton Jade - No hot water, help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive just moved into a new house and the shower was working fine for the first week, not now however. There is power available, and the water pressure seems ok, its just cold!! Could someone point me in the right direction before I call the plumber. Many thanks

Sponsored Links
When you remove power to the shower at the isolator switch, does the flow stop?

Thanks for the replies, I dont know why I havn't found this place before. I will check in the morning with regards to the power supply and get back to you.

Sponsored Links
The reason is that power showers run at very high currents. You say that power is available but how do you know? You may see that there is an indicator light on the isolator switch but a loose connection on the output side will mean that the neon will light up but the connection to the shower will break down when you pull 30+ amps.

If you've got an isolator switch, turn off power and have a look inside the switch, make sure all connections are tight. Do the same where the power connects inside the shower itself.

Triton showers require a 1 bar running water pressure or they will run cold if the pressure is correct it could be thermal cutout so please try the inlet filter which can be found in the solenoid valve where the main water pipe connects to the shower and then check with a multimeter the thermal cutout on top of the heater can Help can be obtained from Triton Customer service on 08700 673333 or The installers help line on 08700 67 37 67 or tritons web site on www.tritonshowers.co.uk

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back